Thursday, September 3, 2015

Letter from Wallace Fowlie, February 26, 1990

Letter from Wallace Fowlie (1908-1998) at Chapel Hill to Erik France, February 26, 1990.

Dear Erik,

It was good of you and Liz to come to the reading, Feb 11th. A friendly audience. I have spoken with Joe Carillo -- who seems a fine fellow. Am glad he is enjoying Proust.

Yes, th[e] Duke police car came for me: one  at 7 a.m. here, and another at 11:30 at the Chapel. As I got into the car one morning at 11:30, a fellow I had last year, yelled out, "Are you on probation, Mr. Fowlie?" (Sorry! I remember I said that at the reading.)

Another but of news I wanted to tell you. There are plans to make a film about Jim Morrison (he brought us together). Val Kilmer will play J.M. and Oliver Stone will direct it. I was invited last  year to New York to serve as consultant -- and tell my story about Rimbaud. There are endless legal battles --  it is opposed by 2 families: Jim's and Pam's, and opposed by the 3 Doors. I may have to go back there again. 
I had forgotten about V.M.I.

I feel well -- my troubles are invisible and not felt -- blood pressure, etc.

For Greek culture, I  would begin with The Symposium of Plato. You sound in good form. You and Liz looked handsome and in excellent health.

Thanks again for coming on the 11th.

with great affection
Wallace

Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentaires