Saturday, August 29, 2015

Letter from Wallace Fowlie, February 5, 1989

From Wallace Fowlie, Sunday, 5 February [1989].

Dear Erik,

Your visit did me good. On your next visit we'll talk of old times, and Henry Miller (Did you like Capricorn?), and other favorite themes.


I am sending this via campus mail because I am not sure of your address . . .


There will be absences this week because of New Orleans and Mardi Gras. The students usually bring me back a few strings of beads.

I urge you to keep on with the writing -- journal writing -- it is good for body and soul. I must say that both your body and soul seemed in good form, good harmony. 

[A]ll good thoughts, Wallace
[Letter from Wallace Fowlie, February 5, 1989]. I was working in the Public Documents & Maps Department, Perkins Library, Duke University, at the time. Wallace (1908-1998) was still teaching some courses in the Romance Languages Department, as a professor emeritus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentaires